Registered Nurse - RN
Sorry, this job has expired.
Are you looking for a job opportunity that’s truly an opportunity? Then you’ve come to the right place. At Lutheran Senior Services, we’re looking for staff members who want more than just a job — we’re looking for people who want to make a difference in the lives of every person we serve.
We are now hiring full-time Registered Nurses.
There is a $10,000 sign-on bonus for this position.
As an RN you will perform nursing functions within the scope of practice and provide each resident with routine daily nursing care in accordance with their assessment, choices, and plan of care and nurtures a person-centered culture. You will work closely with the nursing leadership to ensure regulatory compliance and promote individual and team learning, in addition to providing teaching of professional nursing practices to staff for quality clinical care. You must also maintain the core values that support the Christian Mission of Lutheran Senior Services, “Older Adults Living Life to the Fullest”.
• Specialized training or experience in gerontological nursing preferred.
• Knowledge and understanding of the observation/assessment and documentation process including the MDS as applicable.
• Must have a desire to perform a clinical role on a “Person-Centered Care” team with an understanding of the responsibilities and the expectations for the role.
• Must demonstrate sensitivity to the particular challenges a person with dementia faces in terms of communicating their needs and preferences, as well as maintaining a sense of personhood and dignity.
• RN licensure in state of practice.
• Essential Functions Testing (EFT) required.
• Ensure that the clinical operations are in compliance with federal, state and local regulations while honoring person-centered care.
• Pass medication and oversees the medication administration process.
• Promote the highest level of care in terms of management of care plan practicing according to current standard of practice utilizing appropriate resources that include EMR.
• Observe resident status as necessary to assure quality care and coordinate with other resident services to assure continuity of care.
• Provide leadership for staff to maintain clinical policies and procedures in accordance with current standards and community policies and procedures.
• Implement clinical policies and procedures which ensure safe, sanitary and efficient practices supporting professional standards of nursing care.
• Maintain a safe, comfortable, and functional environment by assessing potential hazards and implements practices to maintain optimum safety.
• Take a lead role in shaping the culture by providing for the needs of the residents and enriching their lives through laughter, fun and pleasurable moments.
• Demonstrate an attitude of genuine care and concern for each resident with a desire to honor their individual preferences and individuality.
• Recognize early signs of changing conditions and use all available resources to resolve needs.
• Must be able to lift 30 lbs, and push/pull 50 lbs.
• Ability to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls.
• Ability to sit; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
• Ability to deal with emotionally upset residents or family members.
• Ability to work beyond normal working hours and on weekends and holidays when necessary.
• Ability to withstand exposure to fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals.
• Ability to withstand exposure to infectious waste, diseases, conditions, etc., including exposure to the AIDS and Hepatitis B virus within guidelines of standard precautions.
• Ability to facilitate a sense of team connection and participation and advocate for the needs of the resident, family, staff or household.
• Ability to mediate conflicts concerning nursing staff as needed.
• Ability to model person centered practices as well as provide direction and coaching of other medical staff.
• Ability to communicate resident’s medical needs with staff, families and physicians.
• Strong ability to communicate with residents, families and team members with sensitivity to the issues and difficulties faced by each group.
• Very strong observational skills in regard to physical and medical conditions, coupled with the ability to discern effective response and treatment.
• Good listening skills.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job duties and responsibilities.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.