Saint Louis, MO
Are you looking for a job opportunity that’s truly an opportunity? Then you’ve come to the right place. At Lutheran Senior Services, we’re looking for staff members who want more than just a job — we’re looking for people who want to make a difference in the lives of every person we serve.
Lutheran Senior Services is now hiring Housekeepers.
As a Housekeeper you will provide a variety of housekeeping duties in order to keep the community in an orderly and sanitary condition.
• High school diploma or GED desirable.
• Prior housekeeping experience desirable.
• Must be friendly and courteous to residents, families, and coworkers.
• Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions.
• Ability to deal with emotionally upset residents or family members.
• Perform a variety of general cleaning duties, including dusting high and low, scrubbing, wiping, mopping wet and dry floors, vacuuming, and any other assigned cleaning duties.
• Perform cleaning in a variety of areas, including resident rooms, dining areas, kitchens, living rooms and other general living areas, hallways, stairwells, elevators, bathrooms, recreation areas, nursing stations, medication rooms, clean and soiled utility rooms, break rooms, offices, and any other assigned areas.
• Perform carpet care and resilient floor cleaning according to procedure.
• Mix, label, monitor, and properly utilize a variety of approved cleaning products.
• Conduct specialized clean-up and utilize proper equipment such as blood spill and hazardous material clean-up.
• Follow infection control procedures, including proper hand washing, trash/waste storage and disposal and wearing protective clothing and equipment when handling waste and cleaning agents.
• Follow all safety procedures and protocol as dictated by LSS policy, federal and state regulations and standard housekeeping practice and report all hazardous conditions, defective equipment, and accidents or incidents to the supervisor immediately.
• Respect privacy, follow HIPAA requirements, only share information on an as needed basis and always knock on resident’s door before entering.
• Uphold our mission of “Older Adults Living Life to the Fullest”, core values, and code of conduct.
• Ability to lift a 50-lb load from the floor level and place onto a work surface 56 inches off the floor.
• Ability to push a 2-wheel dolly, loaded with 200 lbs, generating 50 lbs of force, at a distance of 300 yards.
• Ability to walk continuously for ½ mile, displaying a good pace.
• Ability to push a 4-wheel cart with 400 lbs of load, generating 50 lbs of force, 300 ft.
• Ability to push a wheelchair with a load of 200 lbs, for distance of 100 ft.
• Ability to lift/carry 55 lbs and the ability to push/pull 50 lbs.
• Ability to stand; walk; use hands to touch, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls.
• Ability to sit; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, climb, or balance.
• Ability to withstand exposure to fumes or airborne particles, and toxic or caustic chemicals.
• Ability to withstand exposure to infectious waste, diseases, conditions, etc., including exposure to the AIDS and Hepatitis B virus within guidelines of standard precautions.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job duties and responsibilities.
• Must be willing to work beyond normal working hours and on weekends and holidays when necessary.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.