Certified Nursing Assistant - CNA
Jefferson City, MO
Are you looking for a job opportunity that’s truly an opportunity? Then you’ve come to the right place. At Lutheran Senior Services, we’re looking for staff members who want more than just a job — we’re looking for people who want to make a difference in the lives of every person we serve.
We are now hiring Certified Nursing Assistants (CNAs).
As a CNA you will be expected to:
• Provide supportive and functional care to residents with routine daily care in accordance with established community care procedures as directed by nursing leadership.
• Work as a member of and collaboratively with the interdisciplinary team with a focus on maintaining the resident as the director of their care.
• Uphold the philosophy, vision, and core values of the organization and ensures the Christian Mission of Lutheran Senior Services is realized so that “Older Adults Live Life to the Fullest”.
• Practice within the scope of certification and by state and federal regulations and in accordance with the standards as defined in the currently recognized state Certified Nursing Assistant Training Manual. • Practice in accordance with the LSS clinical and administrative policies and procedures.
• Experience with direct care preferable.
• Must have current CNA certification.
• Must complete background check with no disqualifying offenses.
• Ability to be open-minded and flexible in meeting the needs and desires of the resident and their family.
• Must have desire to learn about the residents by observing their behavior and listening to them.
• Must have a willingness to take an active role rather than waiting to be told what to do.
• Must have a desire to solve problems using common sense and creativity and seeking help when needed.
• Must have a desire to have a voice in the care and concerns of the resident.
• Must have a desire to be a good team member and show respect for other team members.
• Provide medical and physical care, in accordance with their scope of practice (CNA), to the residents to meet their daily needs.
• Handle the residents’ personal care needs and support in a timely manner. Help the resident keep their dignity by letting them do as much for themselves as possible.
• Observe the residents closely and identify changing needs and conditions. Report information to the nursing staff.
• Actively participate in the resident’s care/service plan for the purpose of improving the life of the resident.
• Assist residents during mealtimes and feed residents that need full assistance.
• Create and maintain meaningful relationships with residents and families.
• Support the resident’s involvement in decision making regarding their daily activities. Assist the residents with activities.
• Assist with therapies and treatments under the direction of licensed personnel.
• Respect privacy, follow HIPPA requirements, only share information on an as needed basis and always knock on a resident’s door before entering.
• Make the setting become home to the resident allowing them to have a voice in their choices.
• Make the setting a healthy and happy place.
• Treat residents with kindness and respect.
• Participate in training on solving conflicts and works to solve conflicts.
• Discuss concerns about a resident in private with appropriate people, for example—the leadership team, resident’s family, etc.
• Think of new ideas and fun activities that will interest the residents.
• Be sensitive to residents with dementia and try to find ways to connect with them.
• Encourage and support residents to continue to maintain independence and to continually learn and grow, encouraging them to live life to the fullest.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.